Thread: Santa Claus
View Single Post
QualiTcare 10:27 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
I would be upset with a dc kid if they told the younger ones about santa. I would mention this to the parents when they came what had happened without naming names...they may guess or ask their child though.

To the parent whose child told the others I would just let them know what happened. Thankfully I only have 3 yo and under I just dont think there is much that a parent can do after the fact. Even a well raised child may slip up sometimes..it is a big secret.

I would then continue as usual celebrating the holiday believing.
We are a christian family. We belive in Santa because it is a fun tradition and they find joy in it. It does not take away from the birth of Jesus in our home.

I am not advertised as having a christian curriculum because I do not want to discriminate. I do have in my contract that we celebrate chrisitan holidays so that the parents know what to expect.

I wish I could advertise as a christian child care but I dont want to miss out on have a variety of children to care for. Maybe in a year I will make the switch. Ok..sorry getting off topic...working with no adults all day can lead to typing pages and pages on your fav. forum!
i agree. i don't go to church, but i allow my children to go with my aunt because i want them to be exposed to different beliefs and decide for themselves. well, my daughter goes, but my son said he didn't want to anymore so i don't make him. he said, "all they do at church is talk about God. God, God, God. Just God!" he's 4 - it was funny. anyhow, i would send them to a christian person's childcare in a heartbeat, but if it was advertised as "christian childcare" i would think they might be fanatical about it, u know?