View Single Post
fctjc1979 09:01 PM 06-16-2010
Had a great day with the daycare kids at the zoo today. I only have one family right now since I'm waiting until I have my baby to start adding more daycare kids. The family has three girls. I also had my two girls and two of my nieces. My mom and sister-on-law were there to help out. I'm so proud of the girls. There were no temper tantrums, melt downs, bad behavior, or lost kids. Everyone stayed together, was polite, and were interested in learning about the animals. My 11-year-old daughter helped keep track of all the kids without me asking her to do it. My eight-year-old niece volunteered to push one of the strollers when one of the little ones got tired (although we didn't actually let her push the stroller). The five-year-old dcg kept reminding everyone to be nice to the animals by not poking fingers in cages or banging on glass. The four-year-old dcg helped console one of the little ones when she fell down. The two-year-old dcg and two-year-old niece went all day without a nap without being grumpy about it. And my 15-month-old daughter was bubbly and smiley all day and was just amazed at all the animals. It was a great day and it reminded me why I enjoy what I do and allowed me to really appreciate the quality family that I help take care of. Just one of those warm and fuzzy days!