View Single Post
momofboys 04:38 AM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by misol:
So, the mom of 2 boys gave me notice today. This was the first time a family has given me notice. It's bittersweet because I need the money like nobody's business but I was going to term them anyway once I found replacements. I have been having behavior issues with 3yo dcb since day one and recently his 14mo brother has has been copying the bad behavior of the older brother (screaming, throwing, hitting, spitting, saying no, etc.) I have already had it with the older boy's antics and definitely cannot take BOTH of them acting like that.

Now rewind back to last Friday. Mom comes in and tells me that dcb3 told her that I spanked him. (Nothing can be further from the truth.) She said she didn't believe it was true but thought she should ask me about it since he said it more than once that night. I said "Really, I'm surprised that he would say that because I never have and never would hit him or any dck." She said I know, I don't know where he got that from or why he said that. I said "Maybe he was referring to me spanking DD (2yo)? Her eyes widened and she was like "OH?" I said yes, the other day DD was misbehaving and after trying other solutions I told her that the next step was going to be a spanking. She seemed shocked and appalled. So I explained to her that DH and I use spanking as a last resort but we do spank our own children if it becomes necessary . I assured her that while DCB may have heard me threaten the spanking, he has not ever witnessed (or even heard) me spank either of my kids. After I stated my position she told me that spanking is a personal decision and they their family chooses not to (which is QUITE obvious from the boys' behavior). She babbles on and on about how they never wanted their kids to even hear the word spank, etc. etc. The conversation was getting long and I needed to get back to the kids but I told her if she wanted to discuss the matter further, we could do that at a later time. She said that she didn't want to so that was that. I don't think that she believed that I hit her son but I do think that she was very surprised to learn that I believe in spanking. The conversation left us both with a sour taste in our mouths. This was Friday. Monday she gave me notice.

The reason she gave was that they could not afford to continue fulltime care for the boys while she is out of work. She has a job where once she finishes up a project, she is out of work until another project is available - could be days could be weeks. She said that she was giving me notice to cover her butt in case she doesn't get called back to work for the next two weeks. She was implying that if she gets a call in the next week or so that she would withdraw her notice but I'm not sure I believe that. Now granted, she asked me for a price break a few weeks ago but before I got back to her with an answer, she was back working again so it became a non-issue. I can't help but wonder if this is more about me spanking my kids than it is about her not working.
I'm sorry! But it sounds like maybe it's for the best, especially if the boys have terrible behavior. I hope you can find someone else quickly to replace them!