View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:12 PM 12-05-2014
PB&J made like grilled cheese? I have GOT to try that.

I do simple here too. It seems like the longer it takes to make or the more stuff I mix together, the less the dcks will eat.

I buy boneless and skinless chicken breasts and slice them thinly, stir fry them in low cal. Italian dressing. I usually serve all components separately; it almost seems like kids have to identify what they're eating before they'll eat it.
So if we have chicken, I might make brown rice or wheat pasta(just plain with parmesan cheese sprinkled on it), with fruits/veggies.
Some kids' eating habits can be a bit weird too. I have 1 toddler who loves any fruits and veggies but hardly any carb. Then my other toddler is just the opposite, eating just carbs with the exception of bananas and applesauce.
But simple is good. Plain fruits, veggies are healthier. Most kids love cheese. When you start feeling adventurous find something you'd like to try, either in a cookbook or on a recipe site and go for it. Make it on a day off and you can reheat leftovers for dc.
I'm not a great cook but I can cook. However, I have come to dislike it very much. It gets old after 40 yrs of cooking. I'm happy with a bowl of cereal, why can't everybody else be.