Thread: DCM Adding Days
View Single Post
Unregistered 08:16 AM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by KSDC:
So, she is paying you for 4 days a week? Are you giving her any type of discount over what you would charge a child who comes 4 days a week every week?

I have a mom who only uses 3-4 days a week, and it changes week to week. She pays for a full time slot. And she is free to use any and all of the days during the week.

If you are giving a discount based on not using all the days, then she needs to pay more. But, if she is paying for all the days, then I think she should be allowed to use them. I would require her to give me her schedule in advance and reserve the right to give away her spot on days that she didn't schedule.
She pays the same each week, but it is not for four days. It is for the monthly schedule, which is 10-12 days per month of care. When he is here, it is from 5:15-6:15pm, so it is a 13 hour day. The reason I agreed to this in the first place is because there would be some weeks where I would care for him 4 days a week/13 hours a day, but then there are also suppose to be weeks where I only have 1-2 days. Those are the weeks she seems to be adding days, which drives down my hourly rate, so I am working more hours for no extra money. I would understand if we had agreed to four days a week EVERY week, but that was not what I signed up for. Waking up at 5 am 10-12 days a month is enough for me, so I don't want any more days, but if I am going to work them, I think she should pay for it. I just hate having those convos.