View Single Post
Unregistered 05:17 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
If preschool curriculum is something you want to offer, it should be included in your rates.

I also offer preschool curriculum but not through any type of boxed or prepackaged curriculum, I offer it via play and very little sit down table type stuff, other than what ever center or activity I put out for the day.

I find different activities and printables from the internet, blogs I subscribe to and of course Pinterest.... all relatively inexpensive or free (other than my time).
Blackcat,
Would you mind elaborating more on what you do for preschool? Is it just the additional activity that you offer each day in addition to free play? Could you give an example or two of your favorite preschool activities that you have offered just to give an idea... And are the activities based off a daily or weekly theme?

I have a play based Reggio-inspired program, but the two preschool families I had opted to move to a different program (that is more academic based, offering MGT and other take home projects, curriculum focused on a letter of the week, ect, which has been discouraging to me to say the least. I feel like Im back at square 1 and could use some ideas.