View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 06:44 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
The average number of hours providers care for children is 11 hours a day. That is equal to 33% of the year. The average number of hours providers conduct business activities in their home after children are gone is about 13 hours a week. That is equal to 8% of the year. That's an average time percent of 41%. I haven't seen studies on the average space percent. I'd guess that an average time-space % would be 30-35. However, I've seen them as high as 98%! Don't worry about averages. Instead, keep records and claim whatever it is for you.
I have kids 5 days a week, 10 hours a day. Actually 10 hours and 10 minutes a day lol. When you talk about the average space percent, is that how much of my house that is used for daycare? I have a 4 bedroom ranch and the kids utilize every room except my small bathroom that is in my bedroom. If they're not playing in the rooms, they're sleeping in them.. So would mine be 100% or a bit less because of the bathroom?

Is there a way that I can estimate a bit for my taxes that I'm doing for last year since I didn't know I could do this?