View Single Post
Michael 01:31 PM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by Kiki Unleased:
Michael, I need some help here, I consider myself partially saavy with web sites, but I know your are more than saavy!

I just got done with my site, but it's not showing up in Google. I'm assuming my keywords, or something is not set right in it. I'm not really sure actually. It's set up through Weebly, but I have it pointing to the domain I own.

Anyway, the site is, http://www.crayonsandjuiceboxes.com/ but I'd really like it to pop up when people Google my day cares name. What am I doing wrong here?!
Ok, at first glance of your website you are lacking a couple things. First, you need a paragraph about your facility and your location on the home page. Google likes content.

Place in the things that people would search for when looking for daycare like childcare, daycare, drop in, policy, playground, backyard; you know the things people search for.

Second; your Title says nothing about you being a daycare or childcare in what city? Looks like you are selling crayons and juice boxes. Google does not see that you are a daycare in your town. If someone searches for" daycare Kaysville", your title and domain name fail at those two main search algorithms. While you have your city name in your META KEYWORDS, Google no longer uses them for search terms.

Your domain name and title should be "Crayons and Juice Boxes Daycare - Kaysville, Utah" CrayonsAndJuiceBoxesDaycare.com

Start with these. It will take weeks to months to start getting your listing further up the listings.