View Single Post
Annalee 07:34 PM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaycareDarling:
So today dcb was sent in with no socks. Right now I am pretty loosy goosy with rules because they won't be in my dc much longer. So I actually didn't say anything I just found some spares. However dcm texted me and this is how the convo went:

"I forgot to tell you Erics's socks are in his pocket of his jacket. He is in a phase were he only wants pajamas on and no socks"

"Lol! I found some spares so he's mismatched today, just let him know in the morning he has to wear socks to ms Cole's lol!"

..and she responds with..

"Okay - I'll try.
Getting 3 kids out the door in the morning is no easy feat"

I know this is not a big deal- but wow. I expected "will do". You'll try??

But the real meat of this thread is the "it's not easy getting 3 kids out the door". Have you ever had a parent say something along those lines? Does she realize who she's saying that to?? As if I don't take care of those same 3 children plus 3 more for ten hours a day mon-fri lol. That's like if I took all my dck outside in the cold but left dcb coat and just throwing up my hands and saying "welp it's tough getting 6 kids out the door". Like???

Also it's her own fault. She has no control over her children. They have no organization or schedule at home and it shows. They don't bathe everyday have no healthy bedtime ritual and I have no sympathy for a mom who complains about how hard it is to be a parent when they don't even do what they should. What is so hard? Not cooking? Not bathing them? Not brushing out thier hair? Not putting your foot down when it's time to go to dc ?? Tell me what is so hard about parenting when you do it the way you're doing it? lol!

In all fairness she may not have said this out of feeling entitled. She may truly just be overwhelmed. However I feel like if that was the case she would have said sorry I'll make sure he has socks.

This is my first time ever posting on any sort of forum so I'm sorry if I did something wrong :/
I understand! It’s a culture of no-responsibility and an entitlement expecting others to always agree with them. It’s a me generation with no regard of how their actions affect others. I’m finding now, more than ever , you have to “tell” in no uncertain terms what your expectations are. Otherwise, It drains the life out of you.