View Single Post
e.j. 05:57 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by Angelwings36:
Would you have termed dcm after her rude response to me needing to take time off for medical reasons? I knew questions about payment would come up eventually I just didn’t find it appropriate to ask in that moment and not even share condolences or wish me well?
Honestly, no I wouldn't have termed dcm for her response to you. It was rude and inconsiderate but when you work with the general public, you will run into that kind of thing from time to time unfortunately. It would have been nice had she expressed some sympathy and understanding but apparently, she isn't capable of thinking past her own nose. I would put her on probation for breaking your rules, though. I would let her know she needs to clean up her act and give her a deadline for doing it. Any further rule breaking would get a termination letter from me.

Originally Posted by Angelwings36:
Now this morning dcd called and left me a voicemail to call him. I have in my contract that I will not take calls, texts, emails over my time off, the only reason that I responded was because I had to take unexpected time off last week and dcm said that she was going to give me that information but then I closed. I feel that I have already gave dcf my response to their question and there is nothing more to discuss. How would you handle this situation?
I would return his call but I would remind him that I don't usually respond during time off. They may have a legitimate reason for needing an exemption from the normal rules. If they are normally respectful of the rules, I would hear them out and then make a decision as to whether I wanted to bend the rules a little for them this one time.

Just wanted to add that I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope most of your families are being supportive.