View Single Post
Angelwings36 06:54 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I really feel for you OP. I cant imagine what you have been thru. While my DH and I struggled with infertility, we didnt go thru a miscarriage and I am so sorry to hear what you have gone thru.

With that said, I hope I dont come off as too harsh in the following....

but I do think that you are expecting more from you DC parents and are taking their lack of compassion too personally. I know it is hurtful for sure and I am in no way agreeing with what they have done. However, as hard as this time is, I think you need to focus on separating what you are going thru and work towards maintaining professionalism. Do not expect any special treatment or compassion from your daycare families. If they give that, great and if they dont, you wont be so hurt and taken back by their behavior. Do not depend on the daycare families to support you emotionally during this time.

Follow your contract and get back on track with the daycare. If you feel you have to term someone, term because of failure to follow the policies, not because they were unsympathetic to your current situation. It does sound like you are not super strict with your own policies and that makes the parents feel like everything is up for negotiations. I know it is hard but you really have to be firm and consistent every time when things like payments, illness, communication come up.
I do not feel that my policies are up for negotiation. I did explain further in my original post what I had done in each situation where dcm was not following my policies.