View Single Post
LostMyMarbles 06:53 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
All of my kids that are toilet training wear pullups. So much easier to pull down and go to the bathroom with those vs diapers. If the goal is for the child to be independent and go to the bathroom on their own, are they going to be able to take the diaper off and put a diaper back on after going on the toilet? I dont' know why people dislike pullups so much.

Do people really have their kids trained in 2 days on a weekend? I can see starting the process, but 100%?

I agree, do what you do, don't base what you do on anything the parent says because most of the time it's padded information if you know what I mean. I have a 3 year old right now that is wearing underwear. She has told me she's had to go maybe twice. I just have certain times of the day that the kids go. Well, yesterday she sat in my chair and was messing with her pants. It wasn't until dad came that I realized she had an accident. She talks non-stop all day. Why would she not say hey I have to go ugh
This is pretty much my thought process too. Except you were classing thing up by saying parents padded things up. I say parents flat out lie.

I had a boy, a larger in size boy, who had big stinky poops. He was 11.90 months. I got tired of changing that. So I started working with them here at daycare. Mom didn’t work with them at home. He was completely potty trained for four months here before the mom even had an inkling to do anything at home. She was bragging all over Facebook about having potty trained him over the weekend. I made a comment about oh I’m so glad he’s going at home now, he’s been going in daycare for four months.

I got tired of worrying about what was going on at home also. I just focused on what goes on here. Unfortunately, sometimes I think the parents put too much pressure on us to do a job that we need to work together as a team. I feel it’s a team effort to do the potty training. Or the learning, or the discipline.