View Single Post
SandeeAR 08:00 AM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
DCD talking about 2 year old girl: "Sorry! I know you don't allow gum at day care, but she insisted". (I wonder what he'll do when she "insists" on taking the car when she's 16?)

DCM: "Sorry about the noise (blood-curdling screams at 6AM)...he wouldn't get out of the car without a donut." (You're bigger than him, Mommy. Unstrap and him and carry him in here...WITHOUT the donut!)

DCM: "I know the blanket is dirty...but he won't let me wash it" (Really?!)

I grabbed a tissue and told the gum-chewer to spit. She did.

I told the donut screamer that if he screamed in the morning, he'd get a time-out as soon as he got inside the door...every morning he did it. He only tried it once.

As soon as Mom left, I told the dirty blanket boy that I was going to wash his blanket...it was dirty. He said "K" and walked off.

It's not rocket science....but parents just seem to be scared of their own kids....and the kids know it.

Only thing I would have added was to take the donut and hand it to the parent. I would have handed the blanket to the parent and said, now you can wash it today while he is in care

Also any child that couldn't be told NO wouldn't be allowed in my care. I want no part of raising a brat.