View Single Post
284878 06:25 AM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by Shawn:
I know rite!

I always seem to zero in on those children whose parents aren't paying them any attention. Especially those who are running away from where their moms are standing. I will swoop around the corner to intercept that child and say to them, "Go back to your mom right now and don't leave her side." The mom's never know what happened.
I do this at the store. I had one lo run towards me that I stopped, she had ran away from the adult, they could not catch her. Later I saw them chasing the child again.
I asked one child that had stopped walking with the adult, where was their mom? The adult on the other end of the aisle turned around when she heard me ask.
Both of this kids where toddlers.

Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
When I'm out driving around, I'll scope out people's backyards and imagine how I'd set it up for dc if I lived there.
I look at backyards and can tell when it is a daycare vs family backyard. There this one yard that must have coupe car races with the kids, they have about 6 of those cars.

Originally Posted by JackandJill:
Offering to wipe random children's noses while out and about, not realizing how creepy it must seem to other adults!
I did that as a teen, little girl behind me in line needed help, her mom was not paying attention so I offered to help. Mom gave me a wired look when she noticed I was helping her daughter.