Thread: Potty Training
View Single Post
Unregistered 08:48 PM 09-02-2018
Hi, I am a member but have not been on for awhile and could not remember my password,tried to get a new password to sign in and it was not letting me get a new password,tried 3x's,got no where so decided to just go unregistered for now.
Anyway want to reply about potty training. My policy is that the parent starts at home to train,when they seem like it is going pretty good at home then I start here trying to follow what they do at home so not to confuse the child. BUT...I insist that the child wear pull ups until they have been dry here for 2 weeks,no accidents and can tell me when they need to go potty. If dry for 2 weeks then they can start with underwear.I have had in the past where parents have just gone to underwear thinking that if the child gets wet it will make them potty train faster,but then my furniture and carpet gets ruined by the child when they have a accident which I can not afford to buy new furniture because the child peed or pooped on. If parents want to do that at their home that is up to them but my home they need to respect my home. I have had parents try to tell me that they let their child go diaper less at home so if they pee on the floor it will help them train faster and they want me to do that here....Sorry no way,not going to ruin my floors,.....are they going to pay for a new floor for me cuz their child peed all over...NO. So that is what I do, if it helps any.