Thread: I Want Out
View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:51 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by jenboo:
You need to take control of your business. Do you a handbook? Did you charge large fees for those late payments? Never open early or stay open late for a parent. If you give parents an inch, they will take a mile.

If you have a waitlist, term this family and replace with a different one that respects you. You are in charge, not the parents.
Yes to this! Take charge and stop having these back n forth conversations with dcm. Make sure your policies are airtight and stick to them 100%. And do not worry about dcm and her future dc plans; she's reaping what she sows. This is your business and from what I've seen, when providers take back their business, they see the more positive aspects of it. Sure, burn out still happens to the best of us, but I truly believe it'd help if you called the shots instead of dcm having a say, ex. lateness paying dc=extra charge for late payment. Any time over her enrolled hours=over time pay. Child has a fever=illness policy goes into affect and child goes home, cannot return until she's fever free(without medication)for 24(and some dcps use 48) hours. Dcparents will respect you much more when you stand up for your business and not accept their misbehavior. As for the Tylenol, if it's simply teething discomfort there are other comforting methods.
Good luck!! This time of year is challenging for everybody, between sickness, cold dark, being inside more.