View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 09:39 AM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
The thing I find scariest is the lack of truthful info.

I have a grandparent of a DCK that is a regular pick up person. This grandparent has a sibling that lives part time in the US and part time in Italy. Traveling back and forth approximately every 6 weeks or so.

The other day when the grandparent picked up my DCK I noticed the sibling was with. I mentioned the sibling being home and were they home due to the Corona virus?

Grandparent said "No not at all. The virus isn't there."
I questioned them and said it's all over the news that Italy has cases of it and the number of them are climbing.

Grandparent said it's not true and the WHO as well as the CDC are just saying that to make us all panic. Grand parent went on to say they had closed cathedrals, schools and tourist places but have since re-opened them because there are no "real" cases of the virus there.

I don't follow the news super closely and know enough to know no news source is 100% truthful all the time but this grandparent's attitude/belief does have me concerned abit.

The grandparent is the main pick up person and they spend ALOT of time at their sibling's house WITH my DCK.
This hits the nail on the head. I have friends that are vacationing in Italy and Portugal right now. I messaged them and asked them how the media was handling this over there. They said they are being cautious but not overly so. Basically saying wash your hands, if someone is ill, keep your distance etc. Not like what we hear is going on over there. Then I saw this on The View FB page and the people commenting on the post saying they live in Seattle and it's just not true. The media trying to freak everyone out. More people died in 20 minutes in the Nashville area in that horrible tornado. https://abcnews.go.com/US/traffic-ex...VV4ITehU4ZVKs0