View Single Post
happymom 02:46 PM 04-06-2020
Hey friends,

As you know, I am not a provider but just a mom with kids in daycare. After schools closed on the 13th, I kept my preschooler home from daycare.

I think daycare (4 large centers) announced official closer from March 26-April 6. When the owner made the announcement, it was also stated that we would not be expected to pay while they are closed. It is very helpful as my hours have been cut at work. But we are much better off than some, we still have 1 1/2 incomes.

Last week, all families received an email basically "polling" to find out how we feel about sending our kids back. After that, the closure was extended to at least April 17. I don't think I would send my children back that soon...but am prepared to start paying for daycare again whenever they open. Providers are really in a pickle.

My kids are doing well. Adjusting to all of this pretty well. My 8 year old is always coming up with "cures" for coronavirus. My 4 year old just keeps asking "when is coronavirus going to be over" (I'm with him). We celebrated my 8 year old's birthday last week, alone.

They are both on high alert about the word coronavirus. Now they talk about it in commercials on TV frequently.

I've got my garden going (inside, since we still have freezes). Tomatoes, lettuce and bell peppers! Just starting small.

I cleaned a storage area in my house and FOUND A BAG A FLOUR. I was so excited. Need to find some toilet paper next!