Thread: Child Behavior
View Single Post
AnythingsPossible 04:32 AM 01-26-2011
I have DCB who is almost 4 going on 2/2.5 his is mostly vocal and a bit social. He has no concept of personal space. Unlike your guy, he isn't aggressive, but my other DCK's still have issues with him because he is constantly in their faces. He wants to play with them, but completly invades when he does. When he gets to be to much, I have to move him away from whatever activity. If he continues to go back to the person, I have him sit at the table for awhile with an activity. He also spends a very large portion of his day shadowing me. He does go to the local child development center for therapy, are the parents doing anything like that for your DCB? I too worry about losing families because of him, because there are some kids here who really don't like him and dread when he is here. If things don't improve I will term him because he is just one of my group. While you don't want to lose him, you have to look at what is good for your group and your business. Right or not, if you do lose people it might be said that you have unruly kids in your care, and you don't want things like that to start being said.
If you really want to keep him, you are going to have to be very vigilant and possibly not leave him alone with other children, if you have to attend to something else, he may have to be your helper and follow you throughout the day. A 5 year old could seriously hurt a 2 year old. In my situation the table time activities have worked and so has shadowing.