View Single Post
Unregistered 05:03 PM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by lilbiddapopcorn:
I require parents to pre-pay the Friday before the following week of care. Recently i've had people come in with all kinds of stories about why they can't, but still wanting care. For instance, I have one woman who came to see our facility, read my contract that CLEARLY states the pre-pay policy, and said that was fine. Later, when she said her daughter needed to start the next day, and I told her what her amount would be, she started crying. Awkward... She said she'd just started this new job and she hadn't been paid yet, so she couldn't pre pay. So I said she could write me a post dated check and I would cash it on her payday. She then tells me she doesn't have a checking account. I don't want to be mean to this woman, or anyone else for that matter, but I want to be firm and let them know this is how I run my business. Does anyone have any experience here? How do you politely but firmly turn someone away?

That is ridiculous. I would let her go if I were you. it is too much of a liability