View Single Post
daycare 08:23 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
HOLY COW! How do you guys get away with not opening til 7!? My doors open at 5:30 and *technically* close at 5:30pm but my regular kids are gone by 4:30. I would lose ALL of my families if I didn't open til 7 or later! One comes at 5:40, the next comes at 6:45 and his sister comes after pre school at 11:45.

I don't mind for the most part but 5:30 is early. Especially for this night owl! My former job was 3rd shift! My body loved it, but I hated not being able to do anything during the day cuz I was asleep!

5:30am-4:30pm m-f and I have one that comes every other weekend and then I take drop ins on weekends if I feel like it.
Depends on your area you live in. Do people have to commute ?

And like PP said. How bad a client wants to attend your program. It's amazing what clients will do to make your hours.

I have a few families that have their neighbors drop off because they can't meet my open hours. They commute to the city and no way will I open before 745. I teach preschool and that is draining in itself is draining so I couldn't pathom the thought of working any longer than I already do. I often work until about 7:30-8 each night, but that's all paper work kids are gone by 5:30.