View Single Post
Baby Beluga 06:02 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
I also wanted to add: a few years ago, I worked in a public school after school program, and the most aggressive child was a child that I knew (but never had as a student) from one of the centers where I worked!
They asked him to leave the program, and this was a real awakening for me- like, we don't have to keep dealing with this type of behavior?!
I was happy to see a program that said no more to aggressive kids that hurt and scared others. I believe they got him help with a therapist.
This was how I felt when I first joined this forum.

I worked in centers for many many years and have only seen one child be asked to leave. Some of the other children had absolutely horrendous behavior and truly needed help. They could have likely thrived with the proper help and environment but the administration did not want to ask them to leave for enrollment purposes.

When I joined this forum terming because of a parent or child's behavior was a very foreign concept. On a different but similar note, not accepting a family because they are not a good fit for the program was also a new concept. In the centers I have worked at they accepted anyone and everyone, again because of enrollment.