View Single Post
284878 07:45 AM 12-05-2015
Originally Posted by Devastated:
I just been termed by a DCF, with out notice and they do not want to give me one either.

My dd bit dcb a four times during a 2 month period, she bit in retaliation to him stealing a toy from her or hitting her. One time I did not see the bite another time, I was distracted at pick up and got interrupted when I want to tell them.
I was always honest with how and why it happened.

DCM recently had surgery and been home while DCB comes. DCM has not been able to pick DCB up for a few weeks and he knows she is home. DCM says DCB has gotten more aggressive. DCM says DCB is getting more aggressive. DCB is true boy (not sure how to word that) but he climbs, plays in the dirt, he dumps things, he strong (upper body, He plays tug of war with his family's dog) -- he is a real boy type. I did not see anything wrong with his "aggression", he was just being a boy. He was not hurting any one.

Last time she bit was before Thanksgiving but did not leave until today. They kept bringing him for full days even though dcm was home and off restrictions. I sent him home when he was not feelong well and DCD still wanted him to come the next day.

This is the 4th family this year. One DCM lost her job, another DCF I termed, Drop in that contract expired and now this one.

Ugh. I am so upset. This DCB, I looked forward to coming and missed him when he was not here. I even had gotten him a gift for Christmas.

How did you feel after a DCF termed you?
Should I push the no notice, since my dd was the biter?
Originally Posted by daycare:
I understand this, however looking at it from this mothers perspective, I don't blame her for not wanting to send the child back there to possibly get bitten again. Doesnt matter who did it, what matters is that it was not being taken care of in the right way to be stopped and her child was not safe.

OP states that DCM was at home but they continued to send the child on and off after the last bite, which was before Thanksgiving.

If my child was getting hurt, I would end care right then.

So it makes me wonder , why they kept coming back, especially if DCM was at home.

As Judge Judy would say "if it was so bad, why did you keep taking him there?"

Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I agree with BC. You probably won't have a leg to stand on to push the notice period.

How did you not see a bite? The child didn't cry? As a parent I would be LIVID that it happened numerous times. I probably would have termed without notice the first time my child was sent home with a bite mark- without the provider even TELLING me!

Honestly this happen to me once, a bite happened and the child cried. When I asked what happen, I was told xx bit xx on the shoulder. I looked the shoulder over and could not find a thing. I told mom that xx admitted to biting her child but I could not find the bite. The next day, she came in and showed me a bruise, oval shaped that she found on the childs shoulder. There was no teeth marks, dcm even agreed.
Also, he did not cry for long, as soon as I gave him a hug he stopped, he never held his shoulder either.