View Single Post
Josiegirl 04:17 AM 03-02-2017
I know this thread is 2 yrs. old but it's an ongoing problem and not going away anytime soon. It makes me soooo thankful for the parents out there who do tell their kids no, who do threaten something and follow through. I have a dcd who threatens, makes the move to do something but if his dd calls his bluff he backs down. WTH good is that? His threats are no longer credible and she knows what she can get away with so pushes buttons more and more. Oh, but she's 'so darn cute'!! Well, yes, she is but won't be for much longer when she's a certified spoiled little girl!
I have a 6 yo off school this week who is living proof of that. Kids don't want to play with her because she whines, screams, over reacts, etc. She wants something and will demand. She tells me nobody likes her. How can I lie and tell her nono, that's not true when it's absolutely true and the reasons why???

Parents, you are doing your kids a HUGE disservice by giving into their every heart's desire and never saying no. Please think about their future when their world does NOT revolve around them and THEIR wants/demands/desires. It's okay for kids to cry!!!! Really. It won't break their ego, their self esteem; if anything it'll build character, teach compassion, respect, self-control, and kindness!!! Make them earn privileges, don't just hand over ipads at 4 yo or iphones. Don't take their line of bull that says 'all the other parents do it'. I'm not saying beat the kids but dang, if a child is sent to their room for a 'time-out', they usually have a tv, tons of toys and electronics. Where's the discipline in that? What are our modern day methods teaching our kids??!!!
Oh damn, gotta get off my soap box but I could go on all day.