View Single Post
BumbleBee 07:41 AM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
So my baby just started daycare and the provider said in interview that she doesn't take a lot of time off but I just got the papers and there's 12 holidays (didn't think Black Friday was a holiday but it is at daycare) and 3 weeks vacation and 7 personal days and 7 sick days ... is this normal??
As Josiegirl said each daycare has their own schedule of days off. If the time off your provider takes does not work for you, your best bet is to begin looking elsewhere and specifically ask about provider time off. This may be your first experience with daycare so it may not have been a question you thought to ask. There is nothing wrong with that as I wouldn't think to ask that question either!

Me, personally, I take a week in July and the week between Christmas and New Year's. Additionally I am closed Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving and the day after. As for personal days and sick days, I take those as needed. Life happens and as hard as I try to be open and available, it isn't always possible. Examples include last year when I had to close for a week unexpectedly due to having e-coli and I had to close for a day this year when my mom broke her arm and needed surgery. Both emergency situations that I was unable to plan for