View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 05:18 PM 06-10-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Can I ask why?
Why is going downstairs (a space I am assuming you have been in or been shown prior) necessary for you?

I find it kind and courteous of the provider to bring baby to you. Let’s say she has 5 kids in care; that’s 10x’s she goes up and down those stairs daily and that’s probably the minimum.

Kudos to her for trying to make your pickups/drop offs so efficient for you.

As a parent I’d appreciate that benefit of her program.

You didn’t say why this is sticking point for you...
This was my question. In my previous house my daycare room primarily was in the basement. I always had the kids come up just before pickup time and we would all go down together after the last child was dropped off. (we also used the living area, kitchen/dining room on the main floor as well). I don't understand the need to go downstairs every time during drop off and pickup. To answer the OP question about why the provider has an issue with it is maybe it's disruptive. The kids really do put on a show when an adult is here. Things run much smoother when it's just me and the kids. Not to mention quick drop offs are just easier on the child really. I have so many that the longer the parent stays, the harder it is for the child to say goodbye.

My son was in daycare for 3 years before I started my own daycare, so I do understand your questioning it. My sons daycare was an in-home provider. You would walk into her garage that was renovated as a playroom and then knock on the door that would go into the house. I never stepped foot into the actual house, he just walked in when she opened the door. I thought for a long time that it was weird that I didn't go in. Looking back now that I'm a provider and I totally get it.

So my question to the OP is why do you need to go down every day at drop off and pickup too? I'm not meaning to sound snarky, but really are you looking for something in particular? Also, you said she pulled you aside and apologized and explained why. What did she say?