View Single Post
daycarediva 09:53 AM 06-12-2018
OP- I am a licensed daycare provider, but I would NEVER enroll my child in an area I didn't SEE personally, daily. That's just me. I know of three providers with basement daycares. Two are perfectly wonderful people and the third is a dirty over ratio nightmare.

My state regulations say that parents must have access at any time to their CHILD. Not the space. What state are you in?

My space is a walkout basement, but parents come in/exit through the door and into the classroom. I ask that they not leave the entry area for sanitary reasons, but they can SEE the kids.

If a parent was spending any amount of time here I would speak up. Pack kiddo up, say goodbye. I cover it at interviews.

I would NOT be comfortable with a parent spending time with my child. I didn't vet this parent, the parent has no background check, and who knows what type of person they are, so as a provider, I would ask that you BF in a separate space as well.

I realize that you're new to DC- but going straight to licensing is similar to having an issue with the homework the teacher gives out, and calling the principal. First stop should have been your provider. I would terminate care immediately for lack of trust.