View Single Post
Abigail 07:30 PM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
Thank you so much! Your posting really helped me out I will let you know if I need anymore help as I finish it.

To your question about charging parents when their child is not there...I actually did in the very beginning two years ago but then I had parents at interviews start to not like the idea of them getting charged when their child is not attending so I took it out of my handbook. I was thinking maybe I should at least start charging them 1/2 of the daily rate when their child is not in my care?
If you want to be taken seriously, you should create FIRM rules. If you're having problems fillings spots, you need to take a look at your business from outside the box. Make sure you're within the right price ranges for your community and see what you offer that parents like. Take your home location into consideration (near big cities or workplaces can charge more vs. in the middle of the country may need to charge less to get clients.) You need to have a parent sign a specific contract stating Monday your child will be in my care from this time to this time.....do that all the way through the week. State Your weekly fee is $XX or $*** due one week in advance. You are paying this rate whether your child attends care or is absent because you are paying for spot at my daycare.....You can also have drop in rates that are higher hourly rate or just "up to four hours" or "four hours to six hours" or "six hours to eight hours" time frames if you are not enrolling full time and need to extra income. Just make sure that drop-in is based on availability and a fixed schedule contract takes priority at all times. You need to be guaranteed your income so if they are absent a lot or just half the time on one day or the week for example, then just have them sign for the other days they're always there and tell them that the day they're not usually there is based on availability, but you will be interviewing for full timers.