View Single Post
lvt77 02:35 PM 01-05-2011
im in the process of re-writing my parent handbook....contract is sperate to this....
One thing to think about....make sure that your allow for revisions as you see fit....I find myself making revisions all the time. I have to type up a letter stating I am adding a new policy. Type the letter and then make all parents read sign and return by a cut off date or their child can not return to care....Why do i do this....perfect example....last month I had a parent arrive at breakfast time with their child on an unscheduled day. I was in the bathroom washing hands and did not hear her come in (btw my door is usually always locked) She came in, dropped off her child with out talking to me and ran out the door. I came out of the bathroom with all of the kids and was like ummmm what are you doing here..(of course I did not say this to the child) so anyways. This said child was not supposed to be at care and by being there unannounced put me over my capacity. I tried to call parents several times with no luck. I finally got ahold of the grandmother who came to pick him up.
My point is that stuff is always going to come up and you will need to draw a line, so you will be adding revisioins to your parent handbook when you see it necessary......
I can share mine with you, however, I think mine is too long.....