View Single Post
familyschoolcare 05:31 PM 07-08-2011
So I intreviewed a new a parent today, she asked me are their any strange men that hang around the house. I wanted to say no I know the name of all ten men that come to my house every day (insert sarcasm here). However, what I did say was I have a husband that has been finger printed, and works for the district attorney in the crime lab, and he is in the navy reserves so really he has three criminal clearances. This was an acceptable answer for her. Then I went on to explain that I have two children that live with me full time a 12 year old girl (pointing to her) and a 16 year old boy (pointing to him), and I have two step sons that do not live here but are sometime around that are 14 and 17. The Mom asks when does the 17 year old turn 18. Me “in March, at that time I will have him finger printed.” Mom “Oh so he will be 18 in March and might be in the house with my daughter.” Me “Yes, I will have him finger printed at that time.” Mom “Oh I am not sure how I feel about that” LOL Like he will do something at 18 years and one day that he would not do at 17 years and 360 days, or that my 16 year old son that is here everyday might not do.