View Single Post
Unregistered 05:40 PM 08-23-2013
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
"The provider will provide meals/snacks at no seperate charge to all children enrolled in the daycare home and not require the parent/guardian to provide any part of the meal service."

I have 1 child whose parents do not want their child on the food program for moral reasons (don't want the government paying for their child) so I asked them to supply their childs meals/snacks each day.

2 days a week I keep a sibling set an hour after closing (until 7pm). I do not and have never served dinner. I gave the parents 2 choices, bring their dinner OR pay a fee and I will supply dinner.

I'm reading it as: I can't charge them more to cover the additional meal OR ask their parents to supply. What I've been doing is giving parents 2 choices: enroll your child in the food program, or bring your own food. This isn't okay either? Am I understanding that right? I asked my sponsor when she was here and she said they can supply meals if they want to, but I can't require it-even if they don't enroll. So basically I'm losing money if they won't bring food AND won't enroll in the fp? Ugh...I'm annoyed can you tell?
is the 1st kid enrolled on the food program? If not, then you don't have to include them in that clause. They say 'all enrolled' which I take to mean enrolled in the FOOD program, not the daycare. I had kids whose parents refused to sign the enrollment forms and so were not on the food program at all, and they brought their own food. Also my drop ins were never on the program.

2nd kid: AFTER daycare hours no one can dictate your feeding schedule or how you choose to handle dinner. It's just business hours.