View Single Post
Angelsj 11:07 AM 04-03-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
Originally I was a sceptic too until I tried it on my own son. For me it was a day and night difference. I don't know how it works, I only know that when he wears it he's less fussy. He doesn't cry as much or chew on stuff as much or with as much fervor. And about the whole placebo thing, well I don't know how my 8mo knows what the necklace is supposed to do in order for there to be a placebo effect. If you're talking about the placebo effect happening to us parents (we put the necklace on and think that the child is magically better well I just don't know. I do know that when I don't put it on my son drools to the point where he gets a rash on his chin and neck and when I do put it on it's considerably less and if worn everyday the rash goes away. Like I said, I don't know how it works, only that from what I can see .. it does. And like I said trust me, i was a sceptic, big time.
I agree. My granddaughter and son (besides being both ADD) both had nasty eczema on their faces and arms. Since we didn't tell them why they wear the necklaces, I don't think a placebo effect is going to work. When they wear them consistently, the eczema clears. (they are also more in focus, but that could be "subjective") A clearing rash is pretty objective evidence.
I also do not know how they work, but that they do, and they can "wear out." My son's stopped working after about 3 years. Got him a new one a couple of months ago, and boom, eczema gone again.