Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
MunchkinWrangler 09:12 AM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by sunlight:
First I apologize if this is the wrong place to post! I haven't been on this site for a while.

I have been providing childcare for the last 15 years. The last couple of years I started getting Eczema on my hands. I am constantly doing dishes, and hand washing and am now trying to concur this problem. My hands especially my right hand all around the knuckles and fingers are red and itchy and it looks AWFUL! I am starting to have some of my families ask if I'm ok!

Any advice on how to get rid of or control this Eczema? Over the counter Cortisone isn't helping. I have tried Essential oils not working. The only thing that helps is to keep my hands out of water! But due to the nature of our business that is impossible!!
Winter is the worst for me but I don't have eczema. The constant soap and water strips your skin of it's natural moisturizers causing them to be extremely dry. I have honestly put just plain Vaseline or Aquaphor overnight and it helps, as well as using a heavier creamy lotion after handwashing(which licensing recommends because cracks in your skin can open you up to infection).