View Single Post
Unregistered 03:21 PM 11-28-2016
If it's a deposit that they want returned, it seems it should only be fair. through not fault of the family they are losing a childcare provider and should be returned that money given that they only have two weeks notice, while the provider requires 30 days from them. My handbook does not have a clause about me closing, but it does have for the parents that it goes towards their last two weeks of care as long as I get two weeks notice. It just seems that since the provider is the one that is the cause of the situation (closing) that the provider should be the one willing to take the loss. I know that when I closed my home daycare before reopening a few years later I gave notice and used Thur deposits towards the last two weeks. Had they have asked for it back instead of staying those two weeks I would have gladly done that. ,
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Curious as to why you think the loss should be absorbed by the provider?

If the family needed to secure the spot in the new daycare before the old one is closed why is the provider the one to take the loss in income? Just because she is closing?

I look at it like moving and buying a house.

If you close on the new house earlier than you vacate or sell the old house you usually end up having an overlap in house payments and make one for both places for that one month. Very common.

Why is child care any different?

fwiw~ I'm not needling you personally, just wondering about your line of though in general. Just wondering why so many providers jump on the empathy or emotional wagon when making these types of decisions.....