View Single Post
gbcc 06:53 AM 02-21-2011
I have this little girl that will be 2 in June. She has not had a bottle or pacifier here in at least 7 months. Well I just found out that the parents have been giving her one or the other at home for naps and bedtime.

So here is the issue I am having. The girl sleeps 9:30 to 10:30 in the am and then noon to 2:30 in the pm. The mom doesn't think she is sleeping enough so she wants me to give her the pacifier so she stays asleep longer?? I'm very confused here. For an almost 2 year old I think that is plenty of nap time. also, if she hasn't had a pacifier... Why in the world would she want me to start??

Also this girl is very far behind. She does not communicate or try to communicate at all. She will say "pa" for please and up if you make her but thats it. She doesn't babble even. She is just mute most of the day. She will not help pick up or come when called. They had her hearing checked and it was fine. I did notice the parents do not make her speak or pick up at home. I am very concerned that the pacifier will stunt her growth even more. I feel that maybe the parents don't want her to grow up, which is turning out to be very unhealthy for this little girl. IMO

What are thoughts or advice on this?