Thread: Gender Identity
View Single Post
Sunshine69 03:39 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
He would have been marked "met", too. I really don't have a better plan. I am just winging it here.

The expectations of us rarely come with specific guidelines. I think it is so the writers hold plausible deniability. Of course, that does not mean I am right.

I was happy when they stopped labeling the iron, mop, broom, play kitchen, dolls and clean-up toys "girls" toys. If there is anything this world needs is more awesome dad's and husbands and fewer women who feel it is all their responsibility.

No, I am not ignoring lgbtq couples. I am not aware of a long history of one sided labor roles in their history. As a latchkey girl who was responsible for all chores afterschool while her brother played atari, I imagine breaking free from that must feel glorious. I know it is not that simple. Having an equal partner was just something that sounded like a fancy fairy tail to me. Stuff of daydreams.

I completely agree.

Last summer I had a bunch of school age kids. The boys & girls were playing restaurant. The boys got rambunctious, as usual, and the girls got tired of playing with them. It became the “girls turn to order” and the boys kept bringing plate after plate, plastic food upon food, thinking they were funny. When I asked them all to pick up and sit down for lunch, the boys came bouncing out to the kitchen asking what was for lunch while the girls picked up all the mess they made.

I was livid. I immediately told the girls to sit down and informed the boys they weren’t allowed to sit down for lunch until everything had been picked up.

I can already guess the roles they’re taught at home, but they won’t be taught that way at my home.