View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 06:37 PM 07-03-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Ha! So true! I only had a provider TWO days per week for 3 hours per day when I went to work. She had (at the time) 27 years experience. I was a second time mom to my first boy and my first VERY VERY sick child. He went to daycare that morning fine, played,and suddenly became very fussy, unlike himself, not wanting to nap, nothing. He was 3 months old so we KNEW that this is not normal. She calls me and I was there within the 1/2 hour and my son was blue and burning up. She said "He needs an ER now, I think it could be RSV, I was about to call an ambulance, but he is crying" So 2 minutes down the road I take him to the ER, and she hit the nail RIGHT on the head! My son was hospitalized with RSV!

This woman, while she wasn't around MY Child every single day, she knew enough about children, illnesses, etc and had enough experience that me, the newer mom didn't have, and she saved my son's life.

I would NEVER dis-count anything a good provider tells me about my children with an attitude of I know my kid best and shoop on them! Never.
As a provider, I'd love to have more parents like you!!

My parents are great and even the young mom of three looks to me for advice. When I tell her something, she takes it serious.

My mom of the special needs baby is exactly the same. She takes me seriously. And even asked me several months ago, one month into caring for her daughter, if I would mind goi to a few doctor appointments with her to help her understand what the doc was saying and to help her tell the doctor all the things I knew about her baby. That made me feel really good.