View Single Post
Scout 12:49 PM 05-05-2016
Every morning, I get up only 15 min before the first child arrives. I wash my face, brush my teeth and comb my hair. Most days, I stay in pjs because I am comfy and have enough laundry to do with towels and my own kids. Then, I start my daily chores. This makes up my morning routine, even on weekends and works pretty well.

Scoop litter box.

Vacuum family room(which is basically the play room off of kitchen), living room, and room we have litter box in.

Clean toilets and bathroom sinks.

Get my son's clothes and toothbrush ready for him.

Empty dishwasher and fill up kids cups for the morning.

Make the beds as soon as my kids get up.

Lay out diapers and wipes for the day on the bed where I change them.

Pack my son's lunch and get his bag and coat ready for him by the door.

After lunch every day, I vacuum the kitchen and sometimes later too if needed.

Dusting can be done while the kids play.

Cleaning bathroom floors and tub/shower can be done at naptime, as well as washing kitchen floor.

laundry is done daily, mon-fri, and I 've come to be ok with the fact that I always have laundry to do. I try not to do it on the weekends cus I do probably 10 loads during the week, probably more. I began separating by pjs and undies, towels, whites, kids clothes, darks, and lights. As long as kids have clean clothes, I feel good!

I used to do all my dusting and bathrooms on weekends but, that got old, quickly. I am a 3/4 time student as well as operating this business from 7 am-6:30 pm some nights(that is ending at the end of the month and I will NEVER sign a family up for late hours again, it's too much). You need your days off to be centered around YOU and your family only. Don't consume them with chores! It's possible to get it all done during the week. Sometimes, I will do my dusting and bathrooms on Saturdays, but, I am done by 12 pm because it doesn't get out of hand.