View Single Post
Sumshine 02:40 PM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
For future reference, you allowed/accepted her into care once without notice so that does in a way make it your issue.

If this parent were to call licensing more than likely licensing would say that since you accepted/allowed unscheduled drop offs previously she (mom) has every right to assume it's always okay. KWIM?

You need to set a policy and stick to it. IF DCG shows up when not scheduled you need to call mom immediately and make sure she knows it can NOT happen again.

I hate to say this but twice in the last couple months I've read about providers on the DHS "naughty" list that were issued TIS for not being home when the bus dropped off a SA child. In atleast one incident the situation was similar to yours and the provider wasnt aware the child was coming that day but since she HAD previously shown up without being scheduled and the provider allowed it, the provider was therefore responsible.

I know it is unfair to us as providers but liability is HUGE and we all know in this profession you are always guilty until proven innocent.
I am honestly just at a loss. I try to be flexible and I have told her I need notice but she doesnt provide it ever. What should i do keep my doors locked and ignore DCG? I feel like I have to accept her and I do tell her its not okay since she isnt schedulded. DCM has been with me since prior to me being licensed and has had a hard time adjusting! She gets upset having to pay for days of scheduled care even if DCG doesn't show up, she says I have too much paperwork and she doesn't like that, she expected me to walk DCG to bus stop 20 ft from my driveway and got mad when I said no I stay inside with the younger kids as I told you when you filled out my "permission to leave facility" form in regards to the bus stop, DCG is my only SA and she gets bored quick here no matter what I do as she has no friends her age. Next year I'm going to change my license to C1 and not take any school agers anyways. I am upset she put me in this position I made it clear she can't be here if she isn't scheduled and I don't want to keep doing this. I feel maybe I should term. I don't want to be put in a postion again where I'm held liable for her not being able to give me notice.