View Single Post
midaycare 07:04 PM 07-06-2014
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
Ok, I will admit I have seen some of this. I don't think we can blame any particular parenting style here, but there is definitely a group of these.

I haven't read all the responses, but I wonder if some of this stems from the first generation of entitled kids who have not had to do anything for themselves, now beginning to raise children, and have no clue how to do so. Are we entering the first generation of children who were raised in a daycare setting and they are assuming daycare (and later school) will handle all the tough stuff, leaving only the overnight storage of the child to the parent?

I also wonder if we have entered a stage where ALL discipline is considered "bad" and parents who don't really understand what that word means.
Oh yes, do I ever believe this. I see entitled 20-somethings everywhere, and now they are having babies.

I see a fair amount of "kids" today who don't understand working hard, the word "no", and think the world owes them something. And now I feel really old because I'm in my mid-thirties.