View Single Post
Unregistered 01:07 PM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

It has happened to a few providers in my state too and one thing we all learned was to ALWAYS ask the inspector where exactly in the regulations does it say you CAN or CANNOT do "X".

If it isn't written in any of your regulations, they cannot cite you for something you weren't aware was a rule. kwim?

I would not accept a citation for something that is interpreted differently by different inspectors. The regulations each state has (and seems to add to by the day) IS our check list of do's and don'ts and like I said, there is NO WAY I'd accept a citation for something that is not in writing.

(The dirty dishes in the sink is one of the citations that came up....several providers fought their citations and ALL of them got them reversed because NO WHERE in the written regulations does it say you must do the dishes WHEN you have children present in care. It compromises the supervision you are providing the children so that one should be a given in my honest opinion)
My inspector told me to ask what reg if another inspector questioned me on something.