View Single Post
Baby Beluga 08:41 AM 10-24-2016
I have not followed the case, but I too make the call (or text) if someone is late (I usually do about 30/45 minutes depending on the family and their habits) if I have not heard anything.

I do this for a couple of reasons, 1) to make sure no child was accidentally left behind and 2) to make sure a family wasn't in an accident on their way here. Many families travel on a major highway to get here AND we have a large snowbird population that comes this time of year. Without fail, there is at least 1 wrong way driver each day. I am always worried someone will be in an accident and no one will no until later. It just puts me at peace.

ETA: I do not feel the well checks should be the responsibility of the provider. Once the parent is out of my door I feel their child's well-being is solely their responsibility. I also think car seat alarms and car alarms are making it so parents are less responsible and less aware. We as a society have become so out of touch with the current moment and I feel that alarms like that only make it worse.