View Single Post
Pandaluver21 07:49 PM 01-06-2020
There are several Autism "survey's" online that may help determine if he has any warning signs. The problem with ASD is that it is SO different kid to kid. I have worked with 3 in particular, and there's really nothing similar about any of them :P One was very vocal, but did not actually communicate, he also had poor motor skills and did not interact with other kids at all. Another was 100% silent all the time, but other than that acted just like all the other kids (though was more likely to play next to another child instead of with them) Very much a "go with the flow" kind of kid. While the 3rd child can have a conversation with you, speaks pretty clearly, but will repeat the same sentence/question 5-6 times whether you answer or not. He is highly sensitive to changes, physical contact, or reprimand. (these were all three boys, and were K4, kindergarten, and 1st graders)
I also had a little girl with Auditory Processing Disorder. Her parents did think at one point that she was autistic, but I did not agree, as she didn't show many of the signs. However, I do believe she had APD, and once I started signing to her, she did AMAZING! She would get so frustrated when you would tell her something because she just wasn't understanding. You signed it to her and you could see her give a sigh of relief!