Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
SilverSabre25 03:12 PM 11-03-2011
I'm going stir-crazy!!!!! Usually I get out of the house several evenings a week to at least run errands. I used to get to go to my sister's house for knitting once a week after the kids were in bed.

But not anymore...I've been stuck at the house since Monday and I'm going NUTS. Really I can hardly stand it.

This is the only downside to this new job of DH's. We have my mom's car available to us to use...but I don't like using it too much because I don't want to put *too* many miles on it before she gets it back (yes, for those of you who remember last year when my mom got sick, she's not living on her own yet or driving yet). We've needed a few groceries for two days now and I'm not going to get them until tomorrow. we have books overdue at the library and I can't get them back either.

Right now, tonight, even the mantra "big paycheck, big paycheck, big paycheck" isn't helping anything.

DH is off tomorrow morning (until 2 PM) and could stay with the dcks so I can get out of here but I'm not going to ask him to do that because he's been working 14 hour days all week. Okay, yeah, so have I, but that's not the point. He gets super grouchy when he stays with the kids and I don't want to deal with it. I don't even get to see him much right now...he comes home from work at 11 PM and I'm desperate for an adult to talk to and all he wants to do is watch ESPN and play on the computer...he doesn't want to talk much.

Sorry this is a total whine fest; I've just spent most of the past two days on the verge of tears, for no particular reason. Dread of the next 6.5 weeks I guess. I can't even tell him because the last time I tried to explain how I am feeling about this (yay money, boo being alone all.the.time), he just ignored *my* side and talked about how hard it is for him to not see the kids, etc. He didn't want to hear about how being WITH the kids is just as hard (harder....) than being without them. I'd give a lot for even one hour, one blissful quiet hour, without my kids. Without being fussed at by someone too small to reason with. I love my children, but I've been in their constant presence for going on 4 days, and the baby has been crazy fussy and clingy.

I just need to do a brain dump I guess.