View Single Post
happymom 10:16 AM 08-10-2016
My kid requires a lot less sleep to function than most. He's 4.5y and in center daycare. They do 2 hour naps, it takes him an hour, sometimes longer to fall asleep, many times he does not nap at all, but he must rest on his mat. They will give him a quiet activity if he has not fallen asleep by a certain point. Thankfully my daycare does not have a policy against non-nappers (as they take school aged), but they will not allow him to be disruptive. I have had notes sent home that he was disruptive at nap time and we do our best to address that behavior.

He has a very difficult time at bed time 8pm, also. Many times he is not actually asleep until 10pm. He lays in his bed and his mind races. We have tried everything to help keep his mind at ease, but he is a worrier and will also do things to ensure he stays awake; play with his sheets, rub his eyes, etc.

I agree with whoever said that kids are different and they sleep different, just like adults. Just because your kids are in bed by x time and sleep through the night does not make you a better parent. There are plenty of great parents who have difficult sleepers.