View Single Post
rebekki78 10:54 AM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by Second Home:
Sometimes I feel that I have a good set of fair policies and then a problem comes up that has never happened before , an issue that I thought I had covered clearly and it makes me re-think all of my policies.

Boy, I have had a few of those days.

When I do interviews they last about an hour and I go over my policies in detail . Questions are asked back and forth , no one has ever complained about what I have as my policies.

No one has ever complained to me, either, except later on when they run into something that goes against policy. At that time, they have no problem asking if they can "this" or they can "that". I then remind them of the policies and offer a copy if they so desire.

I have been wondering how other providers are affected by their policies .

How does having strict policies ( and following through with them ) affect your ability to get new clients ?

It has never affected my ability to get new clients. so far, they have all understood the reasoning behind why I have such policies in contract.

Do you think that having a strict illness policy will make parents go elsewhere?

It is possible, but if parents don't understand that we run a business and these policies are in affect for specific reasons, then I don't feel bad if they go elsewhere. Most people have the common sense to understand why I need to cover my butt.

Have any parents told you that is why they went elsewhere for child care?

I have not ran into this, no.

Do these policies make parents term because you follow through on your policies?

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand what it means to "term".
These are my replies to the questions you asked, in bold/italic under the question.