Thread: No Appreciation
View Single Post
Crystal 07:07 PM 06-16-2010
I agree that we are not "lucky" - I'm glad you pointed it out Professionalmom! This is a demanding CAREER and I, like most of you, have worked hard to build a successful business in addition to providing one of them most important services there are - the rewarding but challenging task of caring for groups of young children. I LOVE my work, I LOVE being home with my children, I LOVE the freedoms I have and the fact that I have no commute, etc. but it didn't come by luck. You're right that many people do think that though - if they really put any thought into it, they'd realize that the opposite is true.

In another sense though, I AM lucky. I have, and for the most part always have had, very appreciative families. They all value me as their partner in caring for and raising their children. They show me, daily, that they appreciate and respect me - through their actions and their words. I LOVE my families, and I appreciate them as much as they do me. So, I AM lucky in that way....I wish every provider was, WE ALL deserve to be treated as the Professionals that we are.