Thread: Judge Judy
View Single Post
mamac 05:50 PM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by angiescott:
So, I made the mistake of allowing one dcm bring her kids for 4 days back in May until she got her child support check. Low and behold she stopped bringing her kids and said bc the new boyfriend got laid off and could watch them. She didn't give me two weeks notice but said she would be here June 2 to pay. As you can all guess, she never came back to pay. Well I filed in small claims court after sending her multiple invoices by certified letter. Apparently the Judge Judy show found our case and she agreed to go on it.

Her original balance was $77.18, I'm suing her for $782.18 after $5/day late payment fees. I didn't know that if I win the show will pay the judgement for her. So vacation here I come, along with my husband who the show is paying to travel with me. Bonus is his sisters live in California so we're changing the tickets they bought for our return and staying a few extra days!.

I've learned to get money in advanced now.
Don't you also get paid even if you lose, too? A few years ago I was sent a letter from the People's Court and win or lose the case I still would have gotten paid something plus all travel accommodations. I think it was $250 if I lost which would have been more than the $177 I had originally sued for. I never agreed to go on though.