View Single Post
granny04 05:41 AM 06-25-2014
I read the article in the Huff--okay doc--I get part of that.
I also have a home day care where a parent (who worked for The World Health Organization) doped his twins up when they were sick and sent them to day care. By the time the meds wore off it would be naptime. Then by the time the parent finally managed to get there to pick up the child--WOW! It was almost "day over"!! These were kids who spiked fevers of 102 while playing this little game.

My issue is this--almost everyone has Sick days, personal days, and vacation days at their jobs. I have parents who will use a whatever day from work to stay home and wrap Christmas presents so the kids aren't there???? but would balk at picking up a sick child when I called! Take a day off work for "ME" time......but come get the child?!?!?!
I agree with the other comment----they choose to have the children---choose to let someone else raise them ---- and then give grief to the person trying to do the best job for all concerned.

The problem with the DOC is--he's accustomed to having a room full of sick people all day--desensitized is the word I think.

On the plus side--MOST of my parents for the past 10 years have been of the other type---they keep the child home if ill--and hurry to get them if I raise a doubt about them being here. THANK GOODNESS!!!