View Single Post
Hunni Bee 06:29 PM 06-25-2014
*sigh*

All this is, is another person who feels as though daycare, especially home daycare, shouldn't operate as actual businesses, but rather some sort of benevolent goodwill organization that seeks ease every wrinkle in the parents brow...by offering special.

And now in society, because you all are clearly overtaxing and weakening the health care system by not taking care of sick children. How could such benevolent public laborers behind such a dastardly situation?

Did she ever think about the fact that if a dc provider takes care of one really sick kid, she will undoubtedly will be taking care of two or more very soon, and with the cycles of terming and enrolling, kids will be sick in this daycare all the time? Maybe not in all cases, but you get the idea. Then she'll be writing an article describing how daycare are melting pots of disease, if she hasn't already.

Bottom line, we are not in business of taking care of sick kids unless we are. It shouldn't be forced on us.

As a parent as well, my kids health is my job. Like BC said, these illnesses would not knock these kids out if they were healthier to begin with. My 11 month old was born two months premature, and has attended daycare since three months. Outside of RSV and a couple tummy bugs, she has not been nearly as ill in her first year as i was told she would be. I do everything i can to bolster her immune system and I don't fill her with meds every time she gets a little sniffle, nor do I run to the ER constantly. It's called parenting

This woman is backward.